Saturday, November 13, 2010

Accessability

Accessibility
            So I decided to try out StarCraft 2 with this assignment, and boy did I piss off my teammates tonight. First I was told to play my game for 10 minutes with no arms. HA! Starcraft 2 with no arms? Well let’s just say, I got carried that match. Since I had no arms I put my mouse and keyboard on the ground so I could use my feet. Well the game went terrible. Half the time was spent trying to get the camera on my base, it was flying everywhere. Other than that I was barely able to make any units I was struggling to do the most basic actions.
            The next challenge was to play with no vision. I turned off my moniter and kept my headphones on. The thing was I memorized all the hotkey, so I was able to hotkey my way through the match with my teammates taking control of my army while I just built with hotkeys. It wasn’t as bad as no arms since the game is based off clicking and hotkeys more that visual play.
            The last challenge was to play with one arm. Just like the no vision the game is playable with just a mouse or keyboard. But best with both of course. SO I used only my mouse to play the game. It worked out just fine. I wasn’t as optimal as I orignaly was, but I was able to function the best out of the 3 challenge. Blizzard did a great job on ease of controls for SC2.


No comments:

Post a Comment